I obtained my Bachelor of Education (Sarjana Pendidikan, [S.Pd.]) in Indonesian Language Education Department, Teacher Training & Education Faculty, Sebelas Maret University in 2011. I continued my Master of Education (Magister Pendidian [M.Pd.]) from Indonesian Language Education Department, Postgraduate Program, Sebelas Maret University in 2013 under Prof. Andayani, M.Pd. and Dr. Budhi Setiawan, M.Pd.
At UPGRIS, currently, I teach undergraduate courses at Program Studi Pendidikan Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia (Indonesian Language Educational Department)—Progdi PBSI, Fakultas Pendidikan Bahasa dan Seni (Art and Language Faculty). Beside teaching, I also research several topics around the immense benefits of Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia) and its educational methodology.
Yes, I teach and doing a research mostly about Indonesian language. I have specialization on language teaching, evaluation & measurement, language educational research methodology, and Statistical analysis in social & language studies.
In free times, I enjoy use BSD Unix family and Linux-based kernel system on a daily basis. For more than a decade, I use several Free/Libre & Open-Source Software (FLOSS) products. I enjoy involved the open-source community projects, including: KDE, Slackware Linux, and Wikimedia Indonesia at current.
I also interest in development and deployment of open-source machine learning (A.I.) for Indonesian evaluations & measurement. Hey, have you ever heard about Woebot by the researchers (lead by Andrew Ng) in Stanford University? Yes, the evaluation started by the future service of a chatbot. If you interest about and/or play with, or even any further questions, do not hesitate to tell me, please let me know.
Best wishes & warm regards,
Latif Anshori Kurniawan
Academic History & Professional Experience
– M.Pd. (M.Ed. in Indonesian), Progdi PBI PPs-FKIP UNS Surakarta, Indonesia (2013)
– S.Pd. (B.Ed. in Indonesian), Progdi PBSI FKIP UNS Surakarta, Indonesia (2011)
– SMA Negeri 1 Karanganyar, Indonesia (2005)
Editorial Board Member
– Assistant Editor, SASINDO (Journal of Progdi PBSI FPBS UPGRIS), 2016—2017
– Editor-in-Chief, SASINDO (2018—present)
– Associate Editor, Yuma Pustaka Publisher (Subsidiary of CV Yuma Perkasa Group), 2010
– Lecturer at Progdi PBSI FPBS UPGRIS (2015—present)
– Lecturing assistant at Progdi PBSI FPBS IKIP-Universitas PGRI Semarang (2013–2015)
– Assist Teaching Lecturer, UNS Surakarta (2010—2011)
– Teaching assistant for Indonesian Language subject at SMA Negeri 1 Surakarta (2009)
– Assistant Librarian at Faculty Library of FKIP UNS Surakarta (2009)
– Editing assistant at LKS publisher, subsidiary of CV Putra Graha Surakarta (2008)
– Scholarship for UNS talented students by BRI Branch of Surakarta (2009)
– Top 10 winners of Lomba Karya Tulis Mahasiswa (LKTM), co-writer with Sa’bani (2008)
– The 1st winner for Lomba Karya Tulis Mahasiswa (LKTM) at UNS, co-writer with Sa’bani (2007)